We know that your smile is more than an accessory — it is key to your feelings about yourself and the world around you, and it strongly influences how others perceive you. When you hide your smile, you hold back your joy and could even push people away from you.
If there’s something about your smile that makes you cover it up every time you laugh, you’re a perfect candidate for our smile design services. Like our approach to your dental plan, at Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry, we view designing your smile as a collaborative activity. We meet with you first to find out more about your lifestyle and goals, and then together we discover what you want your new smile to look like and develop a plan to make it happen.
Smile design improves both the appearance of your smile and your overall health. An important part of smile design is addressing underlying health issues such as tooth decay so that your smile is not only beautiful – it’s also healthy.
After your oral health is restored, you and one of our smile design experts may decide to move forward with cosmetic procedures such as:
- Dental implants: Implants offer a permanent, long-term solution for missing teeth. Not only do they look and feel like natural teeth, they also maintain your facial structure and integrity.
- Crowns: Porcelain crowns are the perfect restoration for cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. These natural-looking covers make imperfections in teeth entirely unnoticeable.
- Teeth whitening: We offer both at-home and in-office treatment options using the most effective teeth-whitening systems available today. All treatment options are simple and noninvasive.
- Porcelain veneers: These ultra-thin, tooth-colored coverings are custom made and are fit to the front surfaces of your teeth, changing the appearance to the size and shape you desire. Veneers are perfect for fixing discolored and chipped teeth.
- Straightening: Straightening your smile no longer requires years of wearing metal wires on your teeth. There are a variety of “invisible” straightening options, such as Six Month Smiles® and Invisalign®, which allow you to have a straighter, more aesthetically pleasing smile in just a matter of months.